Friday, November 7, 2008

In Search of Dinette Chairs

I had some extra time on my lunch break today, so I headed out to a couple local antique stores to see if I could track down some chairs for my new table. No luck on the chairs, but I do wish I'd had my camera with me to show you some of the treasures I found but didn't buy.

At the second shop I went to, I told them what I was looking for and the shopkeeper gave me the key to their warehouse behind the store. I went back there and poked around a bit, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I did find a set of super bright turquoise floral print chairs that looked straight out of 1976, but I knew Mr. Kay would kill me if I brought those home. I loved them, but he'd think they were the ugliest thing he'd ever seen.

Someday, I'm going to have my own house that I can decorate any way I want. I'm not planning to ditch the husband, but wouldn't it be cool to have my own crafting house?

Anyway, back to the chair search. I found a great set, but they came with a table. I hoping that somewhere, I'll be able to find a set without a table. Or even several different individual chairs. I have a feeling that I won't be getting the chairs this winter. Most likely, I'll have to stalk the auctions next spring and summer to find just the right thing.

No comments: