Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I survived

So, yesterday was the first day of school, and I survived. I was all teary eyed when I left him. When I got to work, I thought I was going to hyperventilate! It occurred to me that I should have written his name on him! I mean, look at him! He's so small! He could get lost! They tell me that schools have a pretty good track record when it comes to not losing kids, but you never know...

Lil' Kay had a great time! When he got home he told me, "I got to go to the principal's office!" I'm sure that's not the last time I'll hear those words! Fortunately, yesterday, it was just part of the orientation.

No school today. We get to go meet his teacher tonight at a little parent-teacher conference. Lil' Kay said his teacher is nice and he likes her. Tomorrow is the first full day of school.

And, this is what a T Rex looks like on his first day of school.

4 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

How cute he is..It is so hard to see them go to school..I couldn't wait till school was over..

Michelle Quinno said...

OH, he's adorable, Becky! Pretty soon you'll be talking about high school graduation and wondering where the time went! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'll be in this situation by the first week of September ... Don't know how I will fare being overly hormonal and all (me: pg and almost there). I hope ds will like going to school.

Tia Colleen said...

awwwwww! I'm proud of you mamakay. thats got to be hard. I remember my first year at school being amazing though, so just keep thinking about all of the great things hes experiencing. Also, hes sooooo cute!!