Monday, August 4, 2008

Check this out!

This beautiful necklace arrived on my front porch Saturday morning. Isn't it amazing! This is handsdown, my new favorite accessory. It's totally unique and eye-catching and just plain fabulous! I know I'm going to be wearing it a lot. Every chance I get, in fact! I bought it from Untamed Menagerie over on Etsy. I highly recommend their shop if you want your own show-stopping piece of jewelry.

The best part, is that it arrived just in time for me to wear it to see Les Miserables on Saturday night. Neither Mr. Kay, nor I, had ever seen Les Miz, so it was a completely amazing experience for us. The performance was absolutely wonderful. The sets, the costumes, the lighting, the acting, the music - all superb! The voices were all so powerful and emotionally gripping. I certainly did cry more than once. I'm wondering, though, is there a musical with a higher body count than Les Miz? Seriously. By the end of the show, almost everyone is dead. Let me know if you can think of one where more folks are killed or die of consumption or commit suicide.

I don't get the chance to see live theatre as much as I would like, so when I see a great performance, it's like a new experience. It reminds me of how much better a live performance is than anything you can see on TV or in a movie theater. It's more engaging, and even if you see the same show, by the same acting troupe, it's never the same twice.

I am not musical. I truly cannot sing unless there are plenty of other voices to drown mine out. However, I do love to be in a live performance - plays, not musicals. Seeing Les Miz on Saturday reminded me of the thrill that those performers must be experiencing. All the backstage excitement, the rush of making sure you do your bit just right, the excitement of an engaged audience. It's simply amazing.

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

Wow, that necklace is GORGEOUS. We need a picture of you wearing it. For sure.

xx Tia

ps. my craft things are set up again, which means I can finally get to some pen pal business that I've been putting off. Get ready lady.