Friday, August 8, 2008

Carnival

Tonight was the beginning of our small town's annual Old Settlers Festival. There's a little carnival set up as you come into town, and Lil' Kay was dying to try out a couple rides. To be honest, there weren't a lot of rides appropriate for a kid his age. Especially a kid who is a bit afraid of heights with a mom who is a bit afraid of heights. Lil' Kay chose to take a bounce in the big inflatable crocodile looking thing and a ride on this spinning-turning ride. (Kind of like the tilt-a-whirl without the tilt.) I rode along on this one, and it was a blast! Lil' Kay was giggling and screaming and having a great time! He wasn't a bit scared, and neither of us got sick. That's what I call a successful ride! (I like how this picture makes it look like I'm turning the wheel with just the tip of my index finger!)

More festival tomorrow! We'll see how the weather holds up and how much I feel like doing. There's a parade in the morning and fireworks at night. They're also showing Monty Python and the Holy Grail tomorrow night in the park. I'm not sure we'll be staying up late enough for that!










2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

awww, that looks like so much fun!! theres a similar festival called "planters days" back home in washington, that i miss going to. although, the last time i went, i was 20 or so, and it wasn't nearly as fun since i was all grown up, and hadn't produced any kids yet. i hope someday i can take eleanore and charlie/lucy with me. those pictures are great btw.

xx Tia

Shell Mitchell said...

Fun! I love the carnival!