This past weekend I worked on a fun little wristlet that forced me to conquer my fear of zippers! It also encouraged me to think about trimmings. Unfortunately, I misread instructions and didn't think things through. My first attempt was going along brilliantly! (I thought.) Then when I finished everthing and turned the wristlet right side out, I discovered that I had a raw seam in the lining. All right. So, it was a learning experience. Typically, my first attempt at any project doesn't turn out perfectly. That's how I work out the bugs. I knew what I had done wrong, so I wouldn't make the same mistake on the next one.
So, I started on the second wristlet. Same fabric, same trim. This time I sewed my label into the lining, because I was confident that this would be the first one I would list in the shop. And, it would have been, too, if it wasn't for poor pin placement. As in, I placed the pin directly into the palm of my hand and bled on the wristlet. It's just a small dot on the lining, but I certainly don't sell products that I've bled on! So, my sister and I will be sporting matching wristlets this fall. I'm going to let her decide if she wants the one with the raw seam or the one I put so blood, sweat and tears into. Okay, well, blood, at least.