Monday, October 19, 2009

Sally's First Craft Show

Mom, Sally and I spent Saturday in our booth at the Central Christian's Market Square craft show in Wichita. Business was a little slow, but we had a good time showing off Sally in her cute little "Future Crafter" onesie from MuthaCrafter. She was quite the popular little lady and extremely well behaved. (Let me assure you that I only bring my kids with me to these kinds of things for the first year of their lives. You know, while I can still shove them in a carrier and stick a bottle in their mouth!)

This is pretty much how the weekend went:

Passerby: How old is your baby?
Me: One month.
Passerby: Look at all that hair!

If I had a dollar for everytime I had that exact conversation, the craft show would have been a HUGE success!

As it was, we didn't sell a lot, but it was a very nice show! Well-organized and wonderful quality exhibitors! I would definitely consider doing the show again. I even met a fellow Etsian - LindsayLouCreations!

I'm all done with craft shows for this year, so my new patchwork fruit pillows are starting to show up in my Etsy shop. Stop by and take a peek!

7 comments:

Lonesome Road Studio said...

What a great display - you have so many cool things and you display it so nicely!! I love your fruit pillows.

tattytiara said...

Oh what a pretty little girl, and I love the name Sally!

PamperingBeki said...

It looks great! Sorry you didn't sell more.

Sally is BEAUTIFUL!! If you need pictures of her, let me know. Haha!

Tara said...

So I think your Etsy shop is too cute! Let me know if you are interested in being featured on my blog out of St. Louis http://dandygiveaway.blogspot.com. My email is: dandygiveaway@gmail.com. Thanks! Tara

Heather said...

what a cute booth! I always love seeing how fellow crafters set up! And you're little one is a doll...

Christopher And Tia said...

HAHA, yes, the hair comments. They never seem to stop do they?

Your craft setup looks GREAT. Really, you didn't do that well? It seriously looks fantastic. I would have totally bought something from you :)

Sarah said...

Very cool display! Sally is so adorable :)