Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Time

Every October, my side of the family all gets together at the pumpkin patch for an afternoon of fun and pumpkin gathering. This year, we chose to go to the Smoky Hill Bison Pumpkin Patch. Of course, it was Sally's first trip to the patch. Unfortunately, she spent most of the afternoon under her carrier cover thanks to the brisk Kansas wind. We snuck her out a couple times for photos, but that's about it! I was pretty thankful for her cute little pumpkin hat to protect her tiny ears.
There were plenty of activities to keep the kids busy. We conquered the corn maze, raced rubber ducks, nailed wooden chickens with bean bags and climbed on a giant spider web. My sister and four year old niece even braved the zip line!
Obviously, our main goal was to gather the perfect pumpkins. We came home with four small to medium sized pumpkins, including two orange ones, a blueish-green one and a white one. Well, I say "we came home with", but actually we forgot them at my parents' house. I'll be making a trip over there to pick them up before our pumpkin carving party next week!

2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Becky!!! SOOOO cute!! I've never been to a real pumpkin patch. Well, when I was like 5, on a school field trip, but not since then. They don't have any around here.

Sally is too cute. Shes so little, she turns me into complete mush.

Oh, and guess what I found in the back of the car today? A letter that I gave to Christopher to mail to you over a week ago. Way to go hon, way to go.

Ashton W said...

Verry thoughtful blog