Here are the rules: Post a comment on this post telling me about your absolute favorite handbag, ever. Or, tell me about the weirdest thing in your bag right now. Or, BOTH!! One entry only please! I'm going to draw a winner on Friday evening (April 4th).
In all fairness, let me tell you about my all-time favorite handbag. And I have to admit that it is not one I made, although those are what I usually carry. This is my favorite bag:
It's a brown leather single strap backpack by Liz Claiborne. I bought it on clearance at Dillards probably close to ten years ago. I love the simple design, and the way it holds plenty of stuff. My favorite part is that rides easily on my back. I almost always take it with me on vacation, because it's such a secure little bag. I took it with me on our getaway to Parkville and haven't gotten switched back to my usual Bronte bag yet.
Here's what is currently in my little backpack:
1) 2 checkbooks - one is our joint account and one is my business account
2) eyeglass cleaning cloth
3) Ice Breakers - I couldn't do my job without these!
5) Pocket mirror that I bought on Etsy - I use this to check my teeth almost everytime I go into a closing. I'm a little paranoid...
6) Fingernail Clippers
7) Mary Kay lip gloss - I am not a lipstick-wearer, but this gloss is light and adds just a hint of color
8) A battery - I threw this away after I took the picture.
9) CO Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine - My lips get terribly dry and this also gives your breath a quick freshening, too!
10) Kleenex pack
11) My black flat wallet - I love this thing!
13) Wad of trash and receipts - I'm no neater in my purse than I am in my car.
14) Ibuprofen in an Excedrin bottle - I ocassionally suffer from migraine headaches. I will not go anywhere without some kind of headache pill.
15) Keys to Roger's car and our mini van
16) My regular keys
17) And, the weirdest item - a black plastic scorpion. What can I say? I have an almost 5 year old boy.