Monday, March 10, 2008

Visit Parkville!


It has become a tradition for Mr. Kay and I to take one weekend each year, usually in February, and spend it in a fun little town, stay in a bed and breakfast and just be together with no other distractions. This year we went to Parkville, Missouri, which is just north of Kansas City. Such a fun little place! Lots of hip, cool shops all crammed into a very small town.

The one that really caught my eye was Nine Lives at 103 Main Street. Kind of a combination gift-antique store with none of the cheap, cheesiness that sometimes manages to sneak into those kinds of places. Everything was arranged so beautifully, and even though I went to Parkville with no intention of even thinking about my sewing, I couldn't help but be inspired!

I really wanted one of these skirts, but I ended up not taking the time to properly try them on. I could have spent all day in this shop, but I could tell the Mr. was getting anxious to move on. There was just so much to look at and soak in, and the owner was very sweet and friendly.

If you are ever in Parkville, I highly recommend that you stop in! Oh, and eat at the Power Plant and stay at the Porch Swing Inn! Both wonderful places!

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

Oh, it looks like a wonderful store! I hate shopping with Dan for the same reason; he always rushes me out of stores.
What a cute vacation tradition you have started with your husband! Glad you had a good time.