Friday, February 22, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I recently found another amazing line of fabric prints. I had to hold myself back from buying every single print. I ended up choosing these three.I'm really thinking that I'm going to buy more of that first print with the strolling ladies so I can make myself a skirt. Even Mr. Kay commented on these Asian-inspired fabrics, and he never gets too excited about my purses!
Slowly, but surely, I'm working on filling my shop back up! It was getting a bit bare. I also added my first keyhole scarf to the She Made It! shop. I made these for all of my sisters-in-law for Christmas and loved how they turned out. Here's one modeled by me:
Not my best photo ever, but you get the idea!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- It was 3 days long thanks to President's Day on Monday.
- Girl Scout Cookies were delivered on Saturday. I'm eating Lemonades at work today!
- Lunch with Lil' Kay at Wendy's on Saturday - We were talking about what rhymes with "box", like rocks, socks, fox, and .... SPATULA! Give him a break! He's 4!
- Lots of sewing accomplished! I will be adding stuff to my shop soon.
- My little brother turned 23 yesterday. We celebrated on Sunday night with chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, fried bread and ice cream cake. This is the first birthday he has been home for in two years, thanks to his tour in Iraq with the National Guard.
- Watched my favorite movie Reality Bites for the 100th time! I just never get tired of that movie. It's been a while since I've watched it. I still laugh at the funny parts and get choked up over the emotional parts!
- Finished reading Eclipse by Stephenie Meyers. Now I have to wait until this summer when the 4th book is released.
That's a lot of happy for one three-day weekend! I'll be posting some pictures later of the sewing projects I completed. Today, I'm battling a sore throat, headache and stuffy nose. Aren't you glad you don't have to be near me in real life? I'm a little whiney when I'm sick!
Friday, February 15, 2008
As a special Valentine's Day treat, we had a little family fondue party. Lil' Kay was pretty excited about it, but the excitement didn't last long. I had cut up a hotdog so he could dip them in the cheese fondue. Unfortunately, he dipped the first piece in the chocolate fondue and stuck it in his mouth. Apparently, that is not a good flavor combo, as he had to spit it out! He wouldn't have anything to do with the fondue for the rest of the meal. But, he did enjoy poking his hotdogs with the fondue sticks and dipping them in ketchup!
I made a simple chocolate fondue by melting milk chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave and adding 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring. It tasted wonderful! Especially with bananas! I got the cheese fondue recipe from Kraft foods. I used the variation with the Italian seasoning. It was pretty good, too! We had garlic bread and toasted ravioli to dip in that. It was a fun little Valentine's Day. We didn't really do anything else special, but Lil' Kay was excited about our "feast"!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Last night, I was super-busy making cupcakes and cookies. I made red velvet cupcakes for Lil' Kay's daycare class. You know, because preschoolers need more red food coloring in their diet. I made no-bake cookies to bring to work. Because working moms need more chocolate in their diet.
Tonight we are having fondue for dinner. I'm making a pot of chocolate fondue and a pot of cheese fondue. It should be fun! Hopefully, I'll remember to take some pictures of that!
What are your plans for the big day?
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Absolutely amazing book. I am not a fan of scary books or vampire stories, but this one. Oh. My. Goodness. I started reading and could not put it down. When they are not killing people and drinking their blood, vampires are really damn sexy. I started reading on Friday night and finished at 11:00 on Saturday night. I would have been done sooner, but I took a break to take Lil' Kay to see the Veggie Tales movie and went grocery shopping. Today, over my lunch hour, I raced to the local book store to buy the second book in the series, New Moon. I started reading and am now gazing longingly at it lying under my desk. Can't wait to get back to it!
Sounds like the Round Robin Fabric Swap is moving ahead. The box has been to Canada and is now on its way back to Texas and will make its round of the United States participants.
I really hope to get some sewing done tonight. After I wash dishes, cook dinner, start laundry and tear myself away from New Moon...