Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!

Look what we woke up to this morning! (Well, not the shoveled walk. Mr. Kay had to do that!) Lots and lots of snow!! And, it's still coming down this afternoon. (Okay, it's not as much as they're having up north, but still...) Personally, I love snow! I love it in December and January and February. Then it needs to stop.

It's terribly cold here in Kansas though, so there's not much chance that we'll be out playing in it, although I'm sure Lil' Kay will be begging to this evening. It's just a pretty snow with fluffy flakes.

Over my lunch hour today, I had to venture out to the post office and WalMart. Wasn't looking forward to it, but once I got out there, it was kind of fun to go tromping through the snow and have those light snowflakes tickle my face! And, there is nothing better than the sight of a completely unmarred blanket of snow across a yard or vacant lot, just waiting for someone to run across it and make a snowman or snow angel.

Yep, even though some of you will think I'm crazy, I love winter! I hate being too hot. I always say, "You can put on more clothes, but you can only take off so many."

Can't wait to get home from work tonight and snuggle up in my jeans and a fuzzy sweatshirt, finish up some sewing projects and maybe, wrap a few more presents.

Come on people! It's almost Christmas and it's SNOWING!!!


2 comments:

kim & brad said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous (sitting here listening to Christmas music in 70 degree weather just doesn't seem right). Enjoy!

goodkarma said...

*goes to sit in the Becky Is Crazy Group*

:)

i love ya anyway.