Friday, June 6, 2008

10 Years

Today's my anniversary! Mr. Kay and I have been married for 10 years! Hard to believe it's been that long, and yet, I can barely remember when I wasn't married. No big plans for celebrating, but he did send me a bouquet of red roses! "10 Long Roses for 10 Long Years" Yeah. He's pretty funny, isn't he?

I also got a funny card from my brother and sister-in-law. It says, "She looked at him. He looked at her. And everyone who saw that look wanted to throw up a little." Priceless. The best anniversary card ever!

So this weekend, we're having another garage sale. Mr. Kay and I are arguing about the best methods of setting up said sale. We don't have a garage, so I guess, it's technically a yard sale. The problem with that is that we can't set up anything tonight. We will be up at the crack of dawn, hauling all our crap into the yard.

And, because we are the masters of cramming as many events into one day as possible, we are supposed to be in Kansas City tomorrow night for the big "Walking with Dinosaurs" show at the Sprint Center. It's a three hour drive, and the show starts at 7:00. It's going to be a short yard sale.

Oh yeah! Remember the big "severe weather event"? It totally missed us. There was some damage to surrounding areas, but our little spot in Kansas was skipped over. The weather last night was pretty boring by Kansas standards. Some rain, some wind, but that's about it. I'm sure the folks who did endure some of the nastiness are wondering what I'm complaining about, but I would have liked a little more excitement.

I tried to scan in my wedding photo, but failed, so no picture this time! Sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Wishing you many more wonderful years together.