Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Big step

Last night I was reading through my copy of the May issue of Real Simple, and found this adorable haircut. Now, I haven't had my hair any shorter than the bottom of my ears since I was in the fourth grade. I'm a little nervous, but I think I can pull this off. Besides, I'm 31 and married. Who am I trying to impress? It's only hair. It will grow back. I'll just keep repeating that to myself as my sister begins cutting this evening. By the way, my sister is a licensed cosmotologist who owns her own salon, so she does know what she's doing. I'm also going to do an all-over color to darken my hair just a bit and give it some oomph.

I'm really excited, but I'm also afraid I might cry. My sister says she won't do it if I'm going to cry. (Having your younger sister as your stylist is great, except that she tends to yell at me and doesn't care if she pulls my hair! I'm kidding. Sort of.) I'll try to take some before and after pictures and let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

picciolo said...

wow you have an amazing house, the windows are beautiful. I hope the garage sale went well?
Good luck with your hair, fingers crossed that you are pleased with it
: )

Anonymous said...

The haircut looks very stylish.

You're braver than I. I have kept my hair in about the same style for almost 10 years now.