Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last week, I found a nearby estate sale that I was able to attend over my lunch hour. (I am loving this estate sale concept!) It was a little out in the country, only accepted cash and I had $19.65 in my wallet.



I eyeballed this tray for a while before I finally decided to snag it. It's HUGE! And red. It's one of my new favorites. I hope I'll be able to find a buyer that likes it as much as I do.



I'm always drawn to stuff with peacocks on it and this tray was just lovely! The frame and handles are quite sturdy. It is backed with velvet which is quite worn, but I can definitely see this hanging on someone's wall.



The last three little things I found were this cute ceramic scissors holder, a cake cutter with a green bakelite handle and a flower frog. When I got it home, I realized the scissors holder had quite a few chips on the back, so I don't feel comfortable selling it. Fortunately, I have a dear friend who is willing to give it a good home, so it will be moving to Wisconsin soon.

I had never even seen a cake cutter (or didn't know what I was looking at) until a couple weeks ago at an auction where they had about 50 of them for sale! I saw this one with its pretty handle and couldn't resist for the price.

So, five nice finds! Not bad work for one lunch hour!

2 comments:

Helen and her Daughters said...

Estate Sales are addicting, I love the cake cutter, would not have known what it was, but I do now thanks to you. Hope I come across one.

lost property vintage said...

I would not have realised that is a cake cutter - how does it work?