Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goals for 2008

I'm really not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, because they inevitably get broken. I'm not even a big goal setter, even though I know it's supposed to be good for you. That being said, I do have a few things rolling around in my head that I want to accomplish this year.

1. Update my blog more often. I'd really like to update at least twice a week. Crap! Now, I've put it in print, so everyone will know if I don't follow up!

2. Spend less money. This is a goal for my personal and business life. Truly, I have a huge supply of fabric. I think I could probably go most of the year without having to buy anything more than lining fabrics, interfacing and thread. I really want to use up what I have before I buy more. I'm trying to do the same with my scrapbooking supplies. Considering how little scrapbooking I've been doing lately, that shouldn't be a problem!

3. Advertise. I need to get my husband to convert my logo into an ad that I can use.

4. Create new designs. Last year, I decided to focus my efforts on the handful of designs I've already created. This year, I'd like to add another bag style or two to my line.

5. Work on the She Made It shop. I've got a bunch of items that need to be photographed and listed. I also need to make up some of the keyhole scarves I plan to include there.

So, there they are - my goals/resolutions, even though I don't believe in that sort of stuff!