Monday, August 20, 2007

Preparing for craft shows

I am planning to sell at three craft shows this fall - Berean Country Fair on October 13, Halstead Fine Arts & Crafts Festival on October 20 and See 'N Sell on November 17. My sister will be joining me at most if not all of the shows, and we are really looking forward to each of them.

Our goal for this year is to make our booth look more professional and eye-catching. All three shows are indoors, so, fortunately, we don't need to worry about a tent. We have been discussing and buying all sorts of display items.

One of the main things we wanted was table cloths that all matched! I searched and searched for heavy duty polyester knit fabric to use. I found a couple resources, but then on Saturday, my mom and I were shopping at Sam's. We found packs of three restaurant style table cloths for about $22! These were huge cloths, too, so they were a great deal. I also bought some dark pink knit fabric at JoAnn's to use for draping on our display.

I've been seeing the neatest pennant banners on people's booths and decided that I want to make my own. I bought about five different coordinating print fabrics and some bias tape at JoAnn's this weekend. I'm hoping to get to that project before October!

Hobby Lobby had floral stems on sale last week for 50% off, so I bought a handful of bright colored long-stemmed Gerbera daisies to use for additional decoration.

Probably the thing I am most excited about is that I have signed up for Propay so I can accept credit cards at the shows. I am very curious to see how much this will help our sales.

Hopefully, I am planning far enough ahead, for once! I'm sure I will still be scrambling at the last minute!

1 comment:

jessica said...

This sounds like so much fun, but also alot of work! :) I hope it all pans out for you, and you have a good show!

btw- I tagged you. :) IF you would like to play along.... no obligation though! :)

Here are the rules:1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you donĂ¢€™t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.3. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.