Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Studio


This is my "studio". It looks a lot like my dining room table covered with sewing stuff. I have to admit that I tidied it up a bit before I took the photo. It's usually a bit of a mess.

The oak table belonged to my grandma. It is nice and big, so I have plenty of room to work. I'm also an avid scrapbooker, so I would love to have my own room, but this is a nice alternative. I'm able to work on my projects, but still be in the same room with my family. My husband's not crazy about the racket that the sewing machine makes, but he can always turn up the volume on the T.V.

I have some very sophisticated tools that I use to create my purses! These canned foods act as weights to hold my patterns in place as I cut them out with my Olfa rotary cutters.

I use quilter's template plastic to make my patterns. They stand up much better than the tracing paper I used to use. Cutting the pieces out with a rotary cutter is the best change I ever made in my process! I can cut through so many layers at once, and it goes so much faster. Cutting used to be my least favorite part of sewing, but I don't mind it a bit anymore!

Since I found Etsy, I've started a small pincushion collection. Here are a couple of my favorites. The round one is made by Loose String. Her work is just beautiful and I'm so pleased with how big and useable this one is! The teacup pincushion is from Pincushion Alley. I collect Blue Willow china, so I sent Natalie one of my teacups, and she turned it into a pincushion! I love the bold fabric that she chose for the cushion. This one fits nicely into two of my collections!

Of course, the most important piece of equipment I own is my Singer 7466. I bought this machine back in May and have not looked back. It is so easy to use and does everything I need for it to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute studio! Thanks for the plug =)