Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tuesday Night Auction

Found a nice Tuesday night auction to attend this week! The weather was beautiful! Sunny with just a slight breeze. Not a big sale, but enough treasures to make it worth the couple hours we spent out in the sunshine.


That fella in the cowboy hat is Van, auctioneer extraordinaire. He is fast! He blew through this auction in 2 hours. Other auctioneers would have taken twice that long. I have seen this man go from 9:00 in the morning to late in the afternoon and never take a break. Not to eat, not to rest, not to pee!! He is a ROCK STAR! I have a handful of auctioneers that I like to follow, but he is definitely near the top of my list. (and he's not afraid to sell something for a dollar if he has to.)


This was the prize of the night. That, my friends, is a child-sized retro chrome dining set! It is adorable! Frankly, I took a picture of it before it went up for sale, because I was pretty sure I'd want to tell you about "the one that got away". But it didn't! It's mine, all mine! (You know, until we clean it up, fix it up and put it up for sale.)


And, this is what our trunk looked like after the sale. Crammed full. The sad part is that the majority of that is stuff I didn't want. It was lumped in with stuff I DID want, but I won't complain too much. I did get the table and chairs, after all.

Linking up with Thrift Share Monday. (Yes, I know it's Wednesday. I'm behind.)

5 comments:

goodkarma said...

Oh, man, I'd have a hard time giving that one up if i had kids. It's adorable!

Lesley said...

That dinette set is utterly adorable! I would have a hard time giving it up, too. You are stronger than I am, I think :)

Danavee said...

OHHHH! Such a cute set!!! Love it.

Unknown said...

I have been looking for one of those sets complete for a while...I always manage to either find a chair by itself, or two chairs and no table. None ever match. What a great find..hmm wonder how much it would cost to ship it to me...?

teresa said...

Oh my gosh - add me to the list of those coveting that child's dinette set! Even if I had NO children, I'd want to keep it for myself...like as a side table or something!
- teresa