Monday, November 19, 2007

This weekend's craft show

I have to admit that I was totally disappointed with the results of this weekend's craft show. It was supposed to be a huge show, and there were a lot of booths and a lot of people. Unfortunately, they just weren't buying from our booth! But, I did remember to take booth photos this time!

Years ago when I used to sell scrapbook supplies, my husband made me two of these folding pegboards. They are one of the most useful things I have ever owned!This table holds all the hair accessories that my sister makes. She actually sold quite a few. The banner is one that I made and we just pinned it around the table. (I've made some Christmas ones that will be for sale in our new shop, She Made It, very soon!)These two lovely ladies always get a lot of attention at the shows. Kids are absolutely mesmerized by them. We always wish that we had a video camera in our booth so we could capture all the reactions and comments! I'm a little scared of the one on the left...This rack belongs to my sister and works really well for us. We can adjust the shelves and it comes completely apart for transport. This weekend, we filled it with blankets and pillows.My mom crocheted three of these adorable monkeys for this weekend's show. The other two are in the previous picture. The highlight of the day was when a fellow vendor walked into the booth and wanted to know if the orange monkey was for sale. I assured him it was and ran back to his booth to get money, because he "had to buy it!" He had a pottery booth and said even though he wasn't selling much, finding this monkey made the entire event worthwhile! This was a guy in his thirties, and I loved how thrilled he was with his purchase.

We also had a very nice vendor who sold beautiful jewelry made out of vintage and antique buttons come into our booth and chat for a while. She informed us that the quality of the crowd at this particular show wasn't what it used to be. She also advised us to give a show two years before we give up on it. It was very encouraging to talk to someone who had been doing this for a number of years.

So, we're done with craft shows for this year. I'm going to spend the next few weeks concentrating on my Etsy shops. I'm really hoping for a great Christmas season!

2 comments:

Barbra said...

Sorry your show wasn't what you expected but if you hadn't gone you'd still be wondering "What if...?". You booth looks wonderful.

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, your things are beautiful. I'm sorry it wasn't a great show!

too funny about the mannequins!