Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Holidays are Starting!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I'm most excited about the fact that I won't have to work for four whole days! We'll be spending Thanksgiving Day with my dad's side of the family. He has eight brothers and sisters, so it will be a huge gathering. We haven't attended this gathering in several years, so I'm looking forward to it. We'll probably end up at Mom and Dad's house in the evening for snacks.

On Friday, we're heading up to Kansas City to visit my husband's family. More food, of course! My brother-in-law is a great cook, so I'm sure our meal on Saturday evening will be wonderful. I'm planning to make my favorite chocolate eclair cake. Very easy and very yummy!

Connor is all about the holidays, although I think he's anxious to get past Thanksgiving so we can get on with Christmas! They had their Thanksgiving "feast" at daycare yesterday. I asked him what they had, and he said there was turkey and mashed potatoes. When I asked him if he ate all that, he said, "No, I just played with them." That's my kid!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend! And, if you plan to brave the Black Friday sales, be careful and have fun! (I think I'm just going to hide away in my in-laws' house and do some embroidery.)

No comments: