Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Cyber Monday!

All of the bags in my shop are currently 1/2 price! I've got them all marked down, so there is no need to wait for a revised invoice! Just head on over and shop to your heart's content!

I convinced my dear sister Jessica to venture out with me on Black Friday. We only wanted to go to Target and WalMart, both of which opened at 5 AM. We also agreed that we didn't REALLY need to be there when they opened. That's just for crazy people! **snort** We agreed to leave my house at 6 AM.

I set my alarm for 5:00. At 6:00 I heard a knocking on my front door. Yeah. Alarm did not go off. But, hey, I was ready to leave the house at 6:10!

Overall, it wasn't as bad as we expected. Target was our first stop. It was busy, but the staff was helpful and the customers were friendly. We snagged a couple of the bargains we went for and then waited in line. The line looked more imposing than it was. We got out of there in fairly decent time.

With fear and trepidation, we drove down to WalMart. We were shocked! Where were all the cars? We parked in the front row!! We went in, got our items and checked out at the Christmas department with no waiting! The employee back there said, "You should have been here at 4:30. It all died off at 6:00."

Really, the only things I didn't get were the $29 digital photo frame and a copy of Elf for $3.99. I was pretty pleased with my purchases, and it was a low stress experience. Except the over-sleeping part. Thank God Jessica went with me. I'd have been pretty annoyed if I woke up at 8:00 and realized I'd missed it!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hello- I can't find a way to email you, but wanted to let you know I LOVE the ornament. Love, love, love it! What a sweet little birdie and the colors are perfect! She'll be on my blog as soon as I can get a good photo of her.

Thank you SO much!!

Fern said...

I love 1/2 off sales! Hope it was successful. :) Sales DO bring customer - I'm firm believer in that :) Good luck to your shop! You bags would make wonderful Christmas gifts!
31everything.com